Wednesday, October 15, 2014


The Teachings IN PRINT

When I wrote my first blog here a couple months ago, I was a leisured man and imagined I'd be adding a blog every week or so. I'd forgotten that "the days grow short when you reach September." Did they ever! The twelve-hour days didn't end until just two days ago, when suddenly all but the last half of one percent of the work was finished -- and nothing could be done about that remaining half of one percent until I received one last URL from my webmaster. I took a whole day off to do nothing at all.



THE TEACHINGS looks like a simple book. After all, 90% of it is made up of selections from already-published books, books that don't need writing or editing. But it was a difficult book, and what made it difficult were conflicting objectives.

To see what I'm talking about, let's say there are thirty passages that make The Story of B a terrific book. Obviously I couldn't include ALL THIRTY of those passages in THIS book. If I did, people who were enticed to read The Story of B itself would be rightfully outraged to see that they'd already read the best parts here in The Teachings. But I also couldn't include NONE of them here -- or what would entice them to read The Story of B in the first place? So I include just a third of them here. But I can't include the ten MOST enticing of the thirty (for the same reason I couldn't include ALL THIRTY), and I can't include the ten LEAST enticing (for the same reason I couldn't include NONE of the thirty). So picking those ten made for some hard sorting to find an assortment representing all degrees of enticement.

Now I hold my breath. I can't imagine doing anything that would be more useful than what I've done here, assembling the quintessential elements of all these books in a single volume. I'll never produce anything more gratifying to me or more valuable to my readers. No book in my future will ever be as important as this one. Here it is: http://amzn.to/1qwFsda.

Give it a look!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home